Sound Bites that Matter: Donald Trump on Immigration
- People pour into the United States and citizens lose jobs.
- 351,000 criminal illegal aliens are in our prisons.
- Sanctuary cities should have their federal funds cut off.
- I don’t care how they come in, if they come in legally.
- We’re the only country dumb enough for birthright citizenship.
- Illegal immigrants populate many criminal gangs.
- Half of the undocumented residents in America are criminals.
- We need strong borders; we need a wall.
- Citizenship for illegal immigrants is a GOP suicide mission.
- Anchor babies were NEVER the intent of the 14th Amendment.
- We have no borders; and yes, I am angry.
- Walls on borders work; just ask Israel.
- Building a 1,000-mile wall is possible, if we make a commitment.
- Building a wall will save money because it stops bad dudes.
“Look, we have to stop with political correctness. We have to get down to creating a country that’s not going to have the kind of problems that we’ve had with people flying planes into the World Trade Centers, with shootings in California, with all the problems all over the world. We have to find out what’s going on. And we can’t be the stupid country any more. We’re laughed at all over the world. We can’t let people come into our country and break our borders.” (Fox Business 2016 Republican 2-tier debate, January 14, 2016)
- To read the rest of this newsletter in PDF format, please click here.